Heather Conway Photography

Heather Conway Photography
Click Image above to take you to my shop!

Thursday 2 April 2009

My poor baby

Brandon has a yeast infection in his mouth. He's most likely to have caught it on his way out into the world as I've suffered on and off with them for years, and had one at the end of the pregnancy (and this past week).

I called the out of hours doctors surgery and spoke to such a rude & nasty doctor telling me this isn't an emergency. Ummm he's 6 weeks old, he's ratty as hell, his mouth is infected - it IS an emergency!

I noticed it earlier on today and thought it looked like it could be, then when he became increasingly fussy tonight I realised I'm 99% sure it's Thrush (what we call a yeast infection).

As soon as the doctor agreed that's what it is, my mum looked at me in shock and said "well done Heather, your mother's intuition is on top form!" lol That made me feel pretty good, although I wished I'd been wrong.

He has mouth drops now to clear it up & help sooth it. I've had it vaginally since Friday and it's hurt like hell, I hope my poor little baby doesn't have it as bad :(

No comments:

Post a Comment